The Lakeside Lecture theatre, Faculty of science, University of Ibadan, around 12pm experienced a electrical surge, which almost had the whole building gutted in fire, if not for the intervention of the University’s Fire Department.
The incident occurred while CSC 231 lectures was on, where there was a sudden outburst of Smoke,like that of a burning Wire and an intense humming sound coming from the ceiling.
Few minutes after the smoke became intense, the lecturer who was at first reluctant in putting the class on hold, had no choice than to instruct all the students to exit the lecture theatre. This was when the fluorescent bulb started to spark, gutting out smoke, this time Visible.
Although No property were damaged, but the electrical supply in the Lecture theatre has Been completely shut down at the moment.
Watch Video below: