The federal government on Friday, March 30, and through Lai Mohammed, released a list of some of those who have been accused of looting the nation’s treasury under the administration of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Mohammed, the information minister, released the list during a press conference in Lagos, adding that the individuals include officials in the past government.
Channels Television reports that the names in the released list include PDP chieftains currently facing charges of corruption and financial crimes.
“The PDP has challenged us to name the looters under their watch. They said they did not loot the treasury. Well, I am sure they know that the treasury was looted dry under their watch. Yet they decided to grandstand. This shows the hollowness of their apology,”
the minister said.
Below are the names and the details:
1. PDP chairman Uche Secondus. Allegation: On the 19th of Feb 2015, he took N200 million only from the office of the NSA.
2. Then PDP financial secretary. Allegation: On the 24th of Oct 2014, he took N600 million only from the office of then NSA.
3. Then national publicity secretary Olisah Metuh. On trial for allegedly collecting N1.4bn from the office of then NSA.
4. Dr Raymond Dokpesi, chairman of DAAR Communications. On trial for allegedly taking N2.1 billion from the office of then NSA.
5. Former SSA to President Goodluck Jonathan, Dudafa Waripamo-Owei On trial, over N830 million allegedly kept in accounts of four different companies.
6. Former President Jonathan’s cousin Robert Azibaola On Thursday, a Federal High Court ruled that he has a case to answer for allegedly collecting $40 million from the office of then NSA. It was learnt that the decision to release the names is the result of the challenge from the PDP to the federal government.
According to Mohammed, the list is not complete and is just a tip of the iceberg. He also noted that some of these cases were already in court.
“They are in court and the records are available. Some of the people on this list are seeking to plea bargain, and that is a fact. “We insist that Nigeria was looted blind under the watch of the PDP and that the starting point in tendering an apology is for them to return the loot,”
It was on the News earlier that the the Nigerian presidency replied the chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Uche Secondus, over his apology on behalf of his party to Nigerians for the mistakes made while it was in power for up to 16 years. But in replying Secondus, the presidency advised Nigerians to be cautious of what it called the less-than-honest apology offered by Secondus while asking the PDP to return all looted funds.